Your question seems to be related to another one that came up a couple
of days ago about having OOo save files in 2 different formats. For an
answer, one nice person wrote a paper on the subject and offered to get
it online at http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/index.html.
I don't know if this has happened yet, at least I couldn't identify with
any certainty. Maybe it's the item at the bottom of the page,
"Multi-save Addon in English (Use pkgchk to install)." The persons
involved in the discussion were Paul Sutton (the paper's author) and
Roderick Singleton--any news?

*Horst Gerbig*

Arlon
_Belgium_

GSM:
Email:

+352-091-65 21 18
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Robin Laing a écrit :

> Duncan Lithgow wrote:

>> Is there a way of making OOo create (and overwrite) a backup file in
>> another format? I'm thinking of RTF, the most widely supported format
>> around - which can save most of the formatting OOo uses.
>>
>> Duncan
>

> Can I ask why?
>
> OOo format is totally recoverable if there is a problem.  At least
> allot more than MS Words format.  A backup is made of previous,
> unedited or in the process of editing data.  It wouldn't be as current
> as the saved file.  OOo format is XML, even MS sees this as the future.
>
> I think txt is even more supported that RTF and I can open a OOo file
> (after unzipping) in any text editor.  :)

---
avast! Antivirus: message Sortant propre.
Base de donnÚes des virus (VPS): 0523-6, 09/06/2005
Test du: 10/06/2005 23:23:58