Brian suggested this option and it worked. thank you for responding. I appreciate the help, have a great day ----- Original Message ----- From: "Harold Fuchs" <hwfa.openoff...@googlemail.com>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <butterflyl...@embarqmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [users] spell check problem

Rae Neal wrote:
Hi

I am unable to turn on my spell check. when the automatic red line checker is turned on it does not work. if I try to turn the checker on with the spelling and grammar option a window pops up that says the spell check is complete and only give me the option to click ok. once I click ok the both boxes close. please help.

Rae

Have you installed the relevant dictionary? Have you set the language options correctly?

See http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Choosing_language_settings for more details.

If, having followed those instructions, you still cannot get the spell checker to work, please come back here with details of which version of OOo you are using and which version of which Operating System you are running.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England