On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:25:24 +0800, zhu xiaodong wrote:

> Hello all;
>
> I am a user of openoffice. Now we encounter some issues which need to be
> fix soon. Could some of you give me some hints for them? Thanks in
> advance. The issues are :
> 1 if I open a file from a network share, it opens in read only mode only
> if I am not the owner.
> If I copy the file to my desktop and then copy and replace the file on
> the server, I can now open it without the Ready-Only happening. But that
> file cannot be opened by someone else without the Read-Only happening.
> This does not happen with any other program, Word, Adobe products, etc,
> and files on our server, only Openoffice. I can even take the same file
> that opens as read-only in OpenOffice and open it in Word or TextEdit
> and it is fine.
>
> 2 if I login unix with the language setting is English(canada) which can
> input Chinese words, the openoffice is always crashed. Or could not be
> run. If I use the system default setting for the language
> setting(English - United States ISO8859-1), there is no problem.
>
> Did you enounter these problem? How do you deal with them? Any
> suggestion are high appreciated.
> Hope can get you feedback, thanks a lot.
>
> PS: our OS is Solaris 10, and the openoffice version is 3.1.0 , and the
> file server is netapp.
>
> Regards
> Zhu xiaodong

This thread just amazes me; a Chinese speaker asks a question in really
good English and is helped by a Spanish speaker who also expresses
herself well in English.

Find me a "regular" person in this country who could response in Chinese
or even Spanish ... we just don't teach our children the important
stuff.  Too busy playing sports.

My hats off to everyone.  What a great community!

mcm

--
Mark C. Miller, Indianapolis Indiana USA