On 10/30/2009 13:37, AG wrote:
Is it just me or does this list seem to receive a surprising amount of messages requesting to be unsubscribed?

In the years I have (off and on) subscribed and paid attention to the OOo lists, we seem to open this particular dialog periodically. I recall a few years back being told that expecting users to actually read installation instructions and licensing terms was "elitist" or something similar.

It's not the operating system that leads to that kind of thinking, but it's more societal than that. When we began removing an individual's responsibility for his or her own actions from the cultural behavioral norm, we began giving everyone the right to obey or disobey any rule or suggestion they liked.

This is just another symptom.

Ah, well.

SK