I believe you are going to have better responses from your Linux distro list than from OpenOffice.

On 11/2/2009 07:06, Mark Miller wrote:
I just installed 9.10 (in a WUBI installation) on my work desktop.  I've
successfully installed it on four other computers.

Problem One: the monitor.  The maximum display setting is 800 X 600.  The
Dell monitor is capable of much more than that.  I had no problems with
9.04.  Is there a way a really inexperienced person can change the monitor
info someplace?

Problem Two:  When I shutdown the computer I get a series of errors that
read:

buffer I/O error on device loop0 logical block and then a 7-place number.

after displaying five of these error messages, the computer locks and the
only way to shutdown/restart is to power off the computer.

Problem one is my most urgent need.  Problem two not so much.

TIA

mcm