RA Brown wrote:
James wrote:
On 11/28/09 23:59, RA Brown wrote:
James wrote:
I've got a first page and then a TOC.
The first page has the page style of "First Page" but the table of
contents page has a page style of "Default".
I put the insertion point on the TOC page and double click in the
"Styles and Formatting" window on the "Index" page style.
My TOC page changes to the "Index" page style but so does my first page.
When I change the first page back to "First Page" page style, my TOC
page changes to "Default" page style.
This is not what I expected or wanted.

James,

I think what your looking for in under the Paragraph styles, not page.

--
Andy Brown

How do I make a different footer for each page using paragraph styles?

Footers are a different matter, and as far as I know that is linked to
the page style.  Have you tried the Writers Guide?  There is a chapter
in it on using styles.  If you do not have a copy you can get one at
http://www.oooauthors.org/english/userguide3/writer3 .  You can get the
individual chapters or the whole book.

--
Andy

James, this is a good reference about styles in general, and they're so important and useful throughout OOo that they're really worth your time to learn. In this specific case, though, I think what you need to do is modify the First Page style to use Index as its next style (Index uses Index). Then on the last page of your index, insert a page break selecting Default as the page style.