At 15:01 06/12/2009 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
I have a Sales Template writer document that has a special footer that has a Signature line and some legalese beneath the signature line. What I need to do is have this special footer always be on the last page, but when the document reaches two pages, I'd like the footer on page 1 to switch to a different/simple footer (it will just have a date, and 'Page # of #' on it). I just can't figure out how to do it...

A footer is meant, of course, to appear identically or similarly on a number of pages with the same page style. But your "special footer" will only ever occur once in any document. So although it looks like a footer, I think it is helpful to think that it will be best to create it in some other way than as what Writer calls a footer. I don't see any elegant and automatic way to do what you ask, but there is a fairly straightforward workaround.

Create your template with a footer on each page as you want it to appear on all but the last page. Also create a frame which contains your special information; this needs to be at least as wide and at least as deep as the information in your footer. When you have completed the text of any document, it should be a fairly simple job to drag or to cut and paste the frame to a position in front of (and obscuring) the footer on the last page. The normal footer will then neither display nor print on that last page.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker