On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:03 AM, Peter Hillier-Brook <p...@hbsys.plus.com>wrote:

> Ian L. Target wrote:
>
>> In Office 97 Excel, I could hit SHIFT RETURN to get a CR/LF in a cell. How
>> is this done in OO Calc?
>>

> It's tedious, but it can be done by:
> 1  Select the cell in which you wish to introduce new lines within text.
> 2  Click in the text in the input line to select it. (The formula bar will
> change to show the Accept/Cancel green tick and red cross)
> 3  Now go back to the selected cell where the content is now editable and
> use CTRL+Enter to insert your newlines.
>
> Peter HB
>

> Not tedious at all:
1. If you are entering data, simply use CTRL-Enter (CMD-Enter on Mac) when
you want a new line
2. If you want to edit a cell you've left, double-click the cell, put your
cursor where you want the newline to appear, and use CTRL- or CMD-Enter. Do
this as many times as you want, then hit TAB or select another cell with the
mouse. It's not necessary to go to the input line at all.

John