Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
Hi,

Hold down the <ALT> key type in 0427 (or the appropriate ascii) using the numpad
release the <ALT> key and it should show up. At least it does here, using Writer (OOo
3.1) on WinXP SP3.

Patrick G.
It must be a Linux thing then.  I was aware and had often used the
above mentioned method in winders, but apparently it does not work in
Linux versions of OO.
Actually I think that does not even work with Windows versions.
Yes it does - Left hand Alt key + 0247 on the numeric keypad produces ÷.
÷
Works here using either alt key, a truly ancient Northgate Omnikey 102 keyboard, a generic PC running XP SP3, within the Thunderbird mailer and within OO.o 3.1.1

--David
Hmm... In that case it must be either my Sun Keyboard or the Sunray
rdesktop remote session that is preventing it for me. ^_-

Thomas