G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 14:47 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:

G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

I spent a lot of time reading the information, it is a lot to read. I also received helpful information from another member of the group. I modified my configuration files, which had obviously changed, and then I ran setfiles for the appropriate directories and now things work.... This is likely to cause you a problem as soon as you run "yum update", you have been warned!

Please note that this also affects OOo1.9 under FC3 after up2date. Same
error. Working on a workaround.

I heard that this may be a problem with SELINUX on FC. Advice on Fedora list is to use the official Fedora releases.

And where does one get official Fedora releases of 2.0beta?

To be honest with you I don't know. I would check the testing/development tree of your version. I am still using FC1 and I don't have SELINUX installed. At least for a few more weeks.

I have also seen that the SELINUX upgrade has also affected other applications. I don't know if that is a good sign or a bad sign. If SELINUX can prevent applications from working, it is good to prevent virus programs. On the other hand, it is a pain if it breaks valid applications.

Time to learn how to work with SELINUX.

--
Robin Laing