On Mon, January 4, 2010 10:46 am, perfect-engl...@gmx.de wrote:
> hi everyone.
>
> I'm trying to link the data from a Moodle Website with a calc
> spreadsheet.
>  I need to take some of the results from a Moodle course and add it to
> existing data in a Calc spreadsheet.

Do you mean that you want to import data directly from the remote
**Mysql** (or PostGreSql, whatever) database running on the server, the
same database that Moodle uses to work and store its data?

If yes, then yours is a classic case of "using a remote mysql data source
in Calc", it doesn't matter what the primary use of the mysql server is,
and the existing documentation should be enough. Because if that's what
you want to do, the real problem is "do you have the username and password
that Moodle uses to access that database? And is the mysql database
directly accessible from other computers?" If not, you're out of luck.

Or do you mean "exporting data out of Moodle in a format that can be
easily reloaded in Calc"? In this case, you should ask on a Moodle users
mailing list, not here.

                HTH,
                           Marco
--
Risks for Italian Public Education in Government/Microsoft deal:
http://stop.zona-m.net/it/node/65