John King wrote:
Barbara Duprey wrote:

RA Brown wrote:
Barbara Duprey wrote:

I can certainly share it -- here's a link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/190755756/afb1a777/Deathtrap_Internal.html.
You should be able to download it from there. Note that this file has
several blank pages, it's a work in progress. (It also uses the
"Typewriter from Hell" font, but I doubt that matters to the basic
format of the PDF file. Probably will look pretty bad with font
substitution, though!)
Barbara,

Now I am confused.  The "brochure" print is a "quarter fold" print out.
 That is each part of the printed so that the paper is folded in half
twice.  I see no what to do that with your layout.  Am I missing
something?

Andy
Brochure print, as I'm using it and as happens with direct-to-print
operations, is half-fold, not quarter-fold. Given eight pages (as in my
current example), the appropriate layout has two 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
portrait pages on a landscape 11 x 8-1/2" sheet, arranged like: 8-1,
2-7, 6-3, 4-5. Printed in duplex, then folded in half, it reads like a
book.

Try this:
Open the document.
File - Printer Settings; make sure the options are set to produce 'brochure'; OK Then File - Page preview; click on the 'Print options page view ' icon; set the resulting view to 2 pages side by side (probably landscape). OK
Then File - Print to your pdf virtual printer (primopdf/pdfcreator etc)

I find that sometimes it's necessary to set the view to portrait/landscape in the 'print options page view' screen several times, saving between each switch, and sometimes switching the 'brochure' option off and on as well to get the print output to actually do what it is supposed to. It can be such a pain that now I output to a pdf file and print brochures from that. pdf printing just works.

The direct printing works fine, but thanks for the tip about the page preview. And the printing to PrimoPDF worked fine until last night, between two tries. The first worked; on a different document with the same layout,but only four pages. Then when the second one brought up Adobe, it insisted that I'd have to install a printer first before I could print! When I did that, I got an error about spooling, and then things just went from bad to worse. At one point, after I'd uninstalled and reinstalled PrimoPDF, there were suddenly no printers defined in my system at all (until I restarted). This hasn't been a lot of fun. And I still think that Export to PDF should create the same page layout as direct printing does -- or at least respond in some way to the Brochure setting in Options, allowing the layout to be established. Anyway, now when I use PriomoPDF I get a message "Spooler Subsystem App stopped working and was closed". -- and if I continue, I get a PDF with page 8 beside part of page 1, and nothing for the other pages. It's really frustrating.