At 16:52 07/01/2010 -0500, James Lockie wrote:
I have a grey background in my table. I can't see why it is there. Maybe someone can explain how to get rid of it.

It appears that table backgrounds can be set for cells, rows, or entire tables. Here, the background is for the table. Go to Table | Table Properties... | Background (or right-click | Table... | Background). If for "For" you select Cell or Row, you will see No Fill selected, but if you select Table for "For", you will see that the background colour for the entire table is "Gray 20%". Select No Fill there (as you have now discovered).