To: users@openoffice.org
From: j...@os2.dhs.org
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:48:06 -0600
Subject: [users]  Re: Unable to edit document I have 'write' privs for - WAS
Re: [users] Bug/regression?

On 2010-01-08, Barbara Duprey <b...@onr.com> wrote:
Well, it's far from elegant -- but you could copy the file to another directory, make your changes, and copy back (losing the lock protection, though, unless the working location is shared by everybody who edits the file). Hope somebody comes up with a better solution, though.
No; if the OP doesn't have "write" access to the dirtectory in question any attempt to copy the modified file into that directory will fail.
--

-John (j...@os2.dhs.org)