On 1/13/10 11:27 AM, NoOp wrote:
On 01/12/2010 05:58 AM, James Greenidge wrote:
Happy New Year

I have PPC OOo 3.1 on MacOS 10.4.11 and despite the OOo Writers Forum
and others, I just can't find a way to embed .mov files (1.5 meg) by
breaking the link, which always remains ghosted on the Edit: Link menu.
A step by step on truly embedding videos would be most appreciated!

Thank you.

JimWG
Currently it is not possible. Please see:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions/202583
[Embedding Audio/Video in Impress documents]

Christian Lippka is working on this issue. In the interim, you'll need
to follow the instructions in the link from that post:
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Impress_Guide/Inserting_other_objects>
Thanks for the info. Would you know whether a previous (Mac) version was able to do this, or is this non-function exclusive to Macs?