Thank you so much. I found it was the 'link' on the graphics which was the problem and now it is unchecked.

Priscilla

----- Original Message ----- From: "G. Roderick Singleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "OOUsers List" <users@openoffice.org>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [users] OpenOffice + Java

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 18:56 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Please - I need help.

I have had OpenOffice on my Computer for a few years, but recently I had a Java virus. AVG could not help me. I put the Java virus into the vault and the virus went.

The problem I am having is when I do a presentation on my main machine then transfer via Pen drive - as usual - onto my Lap top, I find the photos have all gone and only the outline is left. I have another presentation to do this weekend.

I have since added

J2SE Runtime Environ,. 5.0 update2
Java 2 Runtime Environ. SEv1.4.2_01
"         "             "             "          03

I feel that my problem lies with the Java, so have I downloaded the right Java's????

Please reply as soon as possible

Priscilla

did you execute <path_to_openoffice>\program\jvmsetup? (where path_to
could be C:\Program Files)  I will bet that's what you need to do.
Double check your copy of SETUP_GUIDE.pdf from the install image/cd. If
it's missing, see
http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide2/index.html and get a
new copy.
--