OOo 3.1.1 from www.openoffice.org, 64-bit, installed on Fedora 11,
x86_64.

It was working right after I installed it. Now it suddenly won't
launch. From the command line I get:

[...@devil8 ~]$ openoffice.org3 -writer %U <- copied and pasted
        from the launch menu properties
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libuno_sal.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I installed it using the "Linux RPM-based Installation" instructions at
http://download.openoffice.org/common/instructions.html, including the
desktop integration RPM.

None of the programs in OOo will launch - Writer, Calc, Impress, etc.
All the rest of my installed applications launch just fine.

I found a thread here:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10766&p=53002

Which says I need to install openoffice.org-ure-1.5.1-9420.x86_64. I
tried to install it with package manager, but got this error:

Can't install <path>openoffice.org-ure-1.5.1-9420.x86_64.rpm as no
transaction

OK, maybe the package never got installed when I did it the first time
and I missed the error message. Yet it launched after installation. I
know it launched because the whole purpose of installing the OOo
version of 3.1.1 was to get AutoCorrect working, which Fedora deleted
in their version of the no-go OOo.

Furthermore, in spite of the error message, looking in Yumex I note
that openoffice.org-ure is installed, and it has an icon next to it
saying it was not installed from the Fedora repositories.

Also, I installed the packages from the command line as root, rather
than use the setup script in the download file. I did so because the
instructions at the OOo website said doing so would install OOo
globally for all users, not just for me.

I sure hope someone has a solution. I have a paper to write and no word
processor!