I am not a OOo expert and I don't know what you mean by a Wizard.  But there
are instructions starting at:

http://download.openoffice.org/common/instructions.html that might help you.

However, I have allways just downloaded from:

http://www.openoffice.org/

If you are using windows, and logged on an Admim account, the file will be
something like:

OOo_3.1.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe

usually on your desktop. After you execute this, you should have a desktop
icon you can use to start Writer

Hope this helps
Harold Hauge