The easiest way is to define a style. Styles in OOo are very powerful
and one of its best features. For more information look at :
http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/word_processing/01en.sxw

'format painter' type functionality is part of Version 2.0 Beta of
OOo. Although you can download and try out this new version it is not
'production ready'.

/paul