Ambitiousboy wrote:
Hi there,

do I understand it correctly, that the most efficient way to copy one cells format to another is to

copy the complete cell to an empty sell
erase the cells entries
copy the now empty but formatted cell to the desired target cell (which to my surprise doesnt overwrite the cells entry)?

So, there is no such thing as a paint brush as found in Excel?

Best Regards,
Ambitiousboy

You can copy the cell whose formatting you like, then go to the cell (or range of cells) you want to paste into and select *Edit > Paste Special* and unselect every box except for formats. Then only the format will be copied. I believe you can even do this on top of a cell with data in it. It will copy all formatting even conditional formatting and adjust the cell references in your conditional formatting if they are not absolute.

HTH,
--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org