Steven B. Lofton wrote:
--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Steven B. Lofton <sblof...@yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip>
I am working on a muti chapter work that I've made revisions. I am catching
hell on continuation page numbering. I've read and re-read the help pages to no
avail. Right now I've got the same page number for every page within several
chapters of the work and can't seem to make for sequential page numbers...
Please Help Steven

It sounds as if you're not using the Page Number field. The usual process is to use Insert > Footer > Default (or Insert > Header > Default), then Insert > Fields > Page Number in the footer (or header) area, adjusting its position and formatting as requred. If that doesn't straighten things out for you, come back with what happens and we'll try to help further. It would help to know things like your operating system andversion, version of OOo, what page styles you are using, and so on.