Thank you for responding!

It might matter here that I'm on Windows Vista. The only checkboxes I find are "Read only" in the Open dialog (I normally that template from a link on the desktop) and "Auto extension" and "Password" in the Save-as dialog. "Auto extension is checked and, when I uncheck it and save-as again, stays re-checked. For simple Save, no dialog comes up, it just saves. My OOo behaves the same - I just tried it - with templates fresh from http://templates.services.openoffice.org/de.

Klaus

Twayne schrieb:
In news:4b67623f.1060...@online.de,
Klaus Schmirler <ksch...@online.de> typed:
Hi,

I have a problem with a template I made. It used to save as a document
and remembered the path for it. Now I have to save-as and complete the
path, otherwise saving will change the template.

Once upon a time I saw settings for things like default paths, where I
might might find the solution for my problem, but I don't find them
anymore.

Help!

Klaus

Watch the Open and Save dialogs: There are check boxes for "document" or "template", meaning open it as a document or a template. Sounds like template got checked on you.

HTH,

Twayne