Michael D. Roush wrote:
> John Kennedy wrote:
>> He has done presentations in MS Office that have the hymn in the
>> background and the slides change with the lyrics but I have not found
>> a way to do this in OOo and we have not tried to combine manual and
>> automatic slide advancement in either.
>> Is what I am asking possible in OOo?
>
> I'm using OOo 3.1.1 on a Mac, and it will absolutely let you combine
> manual and automatic slide transition in the same presentation.
>
> If I click "Slide Show" and then "Slide Transition...", a pane opens
> in the right side of the program window that lets me choose specifics
> for the slide transition.  That slide transition applies only from
> that slide to the next one that unless for some reason I click "Apply
> to All Slides" at the bottom of that pane.
>
> In the "Advance Slide" portion of that pane, Select "On mouse click"
> for the slides you want to advance manually.  Select "Automatically
> after" for the slides that have song lyrics which you want to advance
> at specific intervals (and, of course, specify the interval).
>
> There is no simple "Apply" button just to make the transition happen
> for the one slide - as soon as you change a setting in the widgets,
> it's changed.
>
> Michael

I have found that by setting the Slide Transitions options, making sure
to select "No Sound" and then clicking "Apply to All Slides" then going
back and selecting a music file to play for the first slide, then the
music will continue throughout the presentation.
An option you might consider is the "Push Up" for slide transition.  You
have to rehearse the slide transition timing and that is possible. Just
go to the top menu and click on "Slide Show", go down to "Rehearse Timings".
Good luck!

Tom

--
 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman
Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD