In news:cc77dabe1002181306g79aaa2a4w491e279f95eb5...@mail.gmail.com,
Brian McKee <brian.mc...@gmail.com> typed:
In (cough) other spreadsheet software I'm used to starting find and
replace, hitting the 'entire cell' check box and leaving the find box
blank, thus I can find (and fill) all the empty cells quickly and
easily in a range.  You can't do that in Calc, the find button won't
activate until you put something in there.  Turning on regular
expressions and using ^$ doesn't work either -
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Regular_Expressions_in_Calc
says that's deliberate.

How the heck to I find all the empty cells in a range and put a - in
them? And I really need that hyphen, formatting won't do - the output
here
is plain text.
Suggestions appreciated,
Brian

Could you do a search for LEN=0? Looks like NULL can't be found, but I think a 0 length data probably can.

HTH,

Twayne

Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with
other sources to be certain you have a clear
understanding of it and that it is accurate.