On Feb 19, 2010, at 15:00 , Troll/Idiot wrote:

> To start a document, linked in a master document, on a new page I set up the
> paragraph style for the document title to do that.  On the Text Flow tab in
> the Break area, specify Insert a Page break with Default page style
> positioned Before the paragraph.

Thanks again, TI, that worked a treat.  This is what I did - there may be an
easier way, in which case I'd like to hear about it.

I created a template called Chapter-template.  In that I have two Paragraph
Styles called respectively Chapter-header and Chapter-default.

Chapter-header has the word Chapter as a heading, for which I have configured
the Text Flow tab in the Break area with a Page Break, as above, but with
Chapter-default as the Page Style associated with the Break.

Chapter-default has First Line Indentation of 1.25 cm (about 0.5 inch or 6
characters) and double spacing.

Both Chapter-header and Chapter-default have Courier 12 pt as the font.

I tested this by copying the content of Chapter 2 into a document created from
the template and inserting the new document into the Master Document instead of
the original Chapter 2, reloaded the MD and lo and behold, I have a page break
before Chapter 2.

Only problem - is there an easy way to convert chapters 3-50 easily to my new
template?  :(

And now, a quarter of an hour later, I have created a new test MD, which
incorporates a Book-first-page style followed by a Book-default style and I
insert into that a Titlepage template and then my new Chapter-template.  The
difference between Book-first-page and Book-default is that Book-default has a
header in which I can insert the traditional Author/Title at the left end and
Page Number at the right end.

//James