>From G. Roderick Singleton on Thursday, 2005-06-16 at 22:43:24 -0400:
> On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 02:57 +0200, Conrad Newton wrote:
> > >From G. Roderick Singleton on Thursday, 2005-06-16 at 16:35:30 -0400:
> > > On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 17:00 +0200, Conrad Newton wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > The only visible difference is that on machine A the text has a colored
> > > > background, which, as I understand it (I did not make this document) was
> > > > created by tiling the background with a custom-made .png with a shade of
> > > > pastel -- not some complicated design, just an ordinary color.
> > > > Apparently this png is missing on machine B?  But thanks to this
> > > > difference, export to pdf succeeds.
> > > 
> > > I have a question. Why not use OOo to create the pastel shade you want
> > > and add it to the palette? the png has a size and is included on each
> > > page thus making the document larger for no purpose. This in turn could
> > > mean you are running out of memory (virtual or real) which just might
> > > cause the problem you are seeing.
> > > 
> > > Open the png in draw and see if you can get the colour stats and then
> > > add the colour to the palette via Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org >
> > > Colors. May make all the difference.
> > 
> > OK, this was an interesting suggestion.  But now my ignorance of OOo
> > is starting to show.  I attempt to replace the background image
> > by a background color of the same shade, but everywhere I look there
> > are small gaps in the text with slightly different color.
> > 
> > How do I make the color background uniform?  Why are there small gaps
> > in the text where I cannot even place the cursor?  OOo is weird!
> > 
> 
> Quite frankly I have no idea what you are doing. So let me suggest the
> following:

Quite frankly, neither did I!  But now that I have fooled with it
a bit, your suggestion is starting to make sense to me -- in fact, 
I believe you have solved my problem!  I have removed the problematic
pngs, and on machine B I can create a pdf file with colors.

I may never know why I cannot export on machine A, now that everything
is fixed as you suggested, but at this point I do not care!

Thank you, you have saved my life!  From a very angry yearbook editor.

>      1. Click somewhere on one of the pages that are supposed to be
>         coloured.
>      2. Format > Page > Background or Right-click to open the context
>         menu and select Page then Background.
>      3. Select the colour.
>      4. Click OK
> 
> You can find the above in the user guide in the Calc section on page
> 202. I guess it should also be repeated in the Writer section. We will
> see.

Yes, thank you, I arrived here by a more random process.

Conrad


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to