Hi,

I'm in the process of changing some Word templates to Writer templates and I've hit a snag.

How do you set a "decimal tab stop"?
That's one where, when digits are entered, they align to the left or right of the decimal point. A decimal tab stop is one where in a column of numbers, the decimal points will all align one under the other. e.g. digits after the fixed position (column wise) decimal point fill in to the right, and digits to the right of the decimal point fill in toward the left. Output would look like (with a mono-space font):
     $ 0.254
  $300.79
     $5.5657
   $15.969
and so on, all the decimals and cents aligned so they start in the same character column, one over the other. The 3 and 4 digits resolution after the decimal is used in the "fine-detail" descriptions of very large numbers of objects and is not a typo. I found a "decimal tab stops" entry in OO.o's Help, but the information seems to have nothing whatever to do with a decimal tab stop. In fact, it's apparently the "General Settings" information and only briefly mentions tab stops. I feel like I've done it before in OO.o, but darned if I can figure out how now!

Thanks much in advance for any relevant information/comments you may have,

Twayne
--
Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a