2010/3/6 Ivan Stout <aibanham...@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
> <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Ehr… it has OpenOffice.org 2.4…? THAT is REALLY old…
>>

> Well, I would call that a strength of FOSS . . . Maybe that is all they
> needed and there was no vendor to force them to use higher hardware specs
> just to support the latest version. The niche markets this is for probably
> has access to no office suite, so OOo 2.4 would be a major benefit. I like
> the thought that the first office suite a group of people will use will be
> OOo. Maybe OOo on ARM will be a great turning point for office suite file
> formats.

Well, what can I say? You are right of course, but still, does anyone
really want to use OpenOffice.org 2.4 these days? Well, of course, if
you don't like it, you could always install the newest version so it's
not a big deal.

Personally I couldn't use 2.4 for very long since one of my most
important (well, important for me anyway) spreadsheets makes use of
one of the two new Calc functions UNICODE() and (UNICHAR), so that
spreadsheet wouldn't work at all with OpenOffice.org 2.4. But of
course I realize that we who really need those functions are very few…

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg