On 03/14/2010 07:37 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:
> joe g wrote:
>> Hi
>> I opened a database in OOo from Access and I can edit it etc but only
>> the
>> new record is saved.  Sorting and saving to another folder etc won't
>> oblige!
>> Also I cannot change the fonts to a new one.
>> Any help pl?
>> joe
>
> Do you need to maintain the Access database as such? If not, you can
> create a database by copying the Access data into an embedded (HSQLDB)
> database in Base (using copy/paste for each table), then working from
> there. That will give you full edit capabilities, as long as you
> ensure that each table has a primary key. If you need to maintain the
> Access database itself, I'm not sure if/how that can be done.
> Hopefully somebody else here can provide information about that, if
> necessary.


If you need to access (pardon the pun) an Access database on more than
one machine on a consistant basis you probably should move it to either
MySQL or SQL Server.  Jet databases are not meant for access by multiple
machines in my own background and experience.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to