On 3/22/2010 2:53 AM, stan...@mtcmobile.com.na wrote:
Hi Guy!

Greetings from Windhoek in Namibia!

No, I've a fairly fast modern PC, now with Windows 7 recently installed, but I do
have a VERY POOR & unreliable Internet Service Provider (MTC).

This morning early, between 01:00 & 6:00 when the broadband is usually quiet - esp.
on a holiday (our independence day weekend).
A contributing factor might be that I try & use the FREE time between 01:00 & 05:00 -
when it could have been overloaded even more.
So far I've had FOUR breakdowns in the download process of
Openoffice from www.openoffice.org;

So I'll try again tomorrow morning early - ANY suggestion(s) would be heartfully
appreciated & gladly tried out!
Also I'll still try http://download.openoffice.org/other.html;  - thanks!

Incidentally my previous download of Openoffice from www.openoffice.org; went
so fast that I cannot even remember ANY hassles into Windows Vista or XP.

Thanks!

Stan
<<SNIP>>

Maybe you can obtain a CD. Several vendors offer this, also occasionally computer magazines contain a complementary CD with openoffice.org on it.

Do you use a download manager?