Hi,

I'm trying to print a document, however whe using "print" I just get
an error message indicating there's no default printer set, and
there's no option to fix that.

Then I try spadmin, but the tool doesn't give me any choices (I even
trid setting the default converter to PDF, but when I believe I have
it set, it doesn't show up in the selectable printers under spadmin).

I use archlinux, the current version installed is 3.2, and I do not
use cups (neither I want to).  I use lpr.  In the past it used to show
up as "Generic Printer", and now I just don't get anything as a
printer.  Notice I have the following in my gtkrc:

gtk-print-backends = "file,lpr,cups"

This helps mozilla and other gtk+2 tools to correctly use lpr, but
this doesn't help openoffice.

any hints?

Thanks,

--