> In English the term is Widows and Orphans. A widow is a short line at the end
> of a paragraph which appears on the next page/column. An orphan is the first
> line of a paragraph printed alone at the bottom of the previous page.
>
> The control for this can be set for any paragraph style. To set an existing
> document in arears:
>
>  * Highlight All - [Ctrl][A]
>  * Format - Paragraphs -- Text flow tab

Thank you Michael!

I found the Widow and Orphan options, however even with the options
checked and configured for 2 lines, the document still has Widows and
Orphans of one line each.

Furthermore, when applied to a document with two columns (which the
document in question needs to be) whenever I press OK and reopen
Format -> Paragraphs -> Text flow the "Do not split paragraph" is
rechecked and the Widow and Orphan control boxen are empty.

This in on OOo 3.1 on Kubuntu 9.10. Shall I send the document?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com