2010/4/7 Clayton <ccorn...@openoffice.org>

> On 07-Apr-10 20:23, M Henri Day wrote:
>
>> Is OOo really preventing the Bing crawler from indexing the OOo site ? For
>> some reason, I should like to see conformation from a more objective
>> source
>> than the Bing team....
>>

> There was some discussion on it here:
>
> http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=discuss&by=thread&from=2355598
>
> C.

Thanks, Clayton, for posting that link ! I found Suarez-Potts first response
with the link to Rob Weir's blog particularly salient - note that while the
lack of randomness in the EC-mandated browser ballot seems to have been
resolved, Microsoft has now managed to so conflate it with a series
IE-updating windows that the ballot is hidden from all but the most
persistent users (who wouldn't need it in the first place). Deception and
dirty tricks seem to be the name of the game in Redmond....

Henri