Hi George,

Am Sun, 11 Apr 2010 10:50:35 -0400
schrieb george newton <ge...@hotmail.com>:

> EVery since I updated open office the spell check has stopped
> working. It says spell check complete, but it clearly skipped the
> document.  I have tried several reloads and repairs with not luck.
> Any suggestions???

Have you checked, if your text has a language assigned to it? Mark your
whole text and check if there is a language selected under Format >
Character. If not, choose then the language you want.

You do have the spellcheck installed for your language? If you need
something else then en-US, you might have to reinstall the needed
extension for your language.

HTH

Sigrid