2010/4/15 Harold Fuchs <hwfa.openoff...@googlemail.com>

> On 15 April 2010 02:37, Dave Stevens <g...@uniserve.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently installed openoffice 3.2.0 on my Fedora 11 box. I occasionally
> > get
> > a startup message complaining about my java version. I used Firefox to
> test
> > the installation at Sun's site and it says I'm ok, version like this:
> >
> > Version: Java 6 Update 17
> > Operating System: Linux 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64
> > Architecture: amd64
> >

> Is OpenOffice aware of your installed version of Java? Start, say, Writer
> and go to Tools>Options>OpenOffice.org>Java and wait possibly several
> seconds for the list box to be populated. The list may show several
> versions
> of Java. Make sure that the correct version is selected - has a "blob" in
> the little circle ("radio button") to the left of its name. If it isn't,
> click in its radio button to select it. Then click OK and close Writer. It
> may not be necessary but I'd also stop and re-start the Quickstarter if
> such
> exists on your system. If this fails to resolve the issue come back here
> with details.

Harold, do you know of any way to remove earlier, unselected versions of
Java from the list box you mention above ? On My laptop, for example, the
current version (1.6.0 19) from Sun Microsystems is selected, but an earlier
version (1.5.0) from Free Software Foundation is also listed. I've tried
various keystroke combinations in an attempt to delete the latter, but no
joy. Can this be done ?...

Henri