On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Rhona Hoggan <r_hog...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I downloaded some fonts from the internet, how do I install them into
> OpenOffice?  Admittedly some are novelties or seasonal,  and have therefore
> limited use, but some could be used in Fontwork or documents.  I did manage
> some, but obviously, there's a limit to how many fonts I could install.
>
> Could I swap ones I rarely if ever use for the ones I want?
>
> Thanking you in anticipation.
>
> Rhona Hoggan

Dear Rhona,
Installing fonts in Linux is very easy, initially I went through many
difficult way, but when I found this way, I realize that, installing fonts
could not be easy than this way

( I am following Ubuntu )
Steps
1. Collect all  *.ttf fonts of your choice
2. create a folder  .fonts  in your home folder
3. Copy all the collected fonts in .fonts folder
4. Restart PC.

Disadvantage : installed fonts will be available to only that user, in whose
home location this folder is created.

If you want to install globally you can follow other methods.

best wishes

Arun