On 4/26/2010 8:29 AM, rfand...@rochester.rr.com wrote:
I presently use Excel for my financial data. Excel has a template that allows
the importing of stock quotes from MSN to Excel.
I'm hoping that Open Office has something similar. ANy suggestions??
I do this OOo Calc by going to a cell where I want to display the data (I started a fresh sheet in my spreadsheet file). Then I click Insert>Link to External Data and type in a link like http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VMFXX. I find that the resulting data occupies a pair of columns of variable row-number. To create a table of linked data I place links side-by-side and use hlookup to access the various entries. To this I start all links in row-2. leaving row for manually entered names, like WMFXX, to access the data.

Hope this can meet your needs.