Hi,

I have some questions. But first a bit of history.

Due to malware issues on a recently acquired second-hand pc, I just reinstalled
factory version of Windows XP, which must have had MS Office 2003 factory
installed. I have no software and currently have no way to open documents.

A few days ago, I installed Open Office 3.2. In reading Welcome Notes on
Installation in readme file, I see info re registration of Open Office as a
default application for MS Office formats.

Questions:
Was I supposed to choose /msoreg=1 while installing? (I don't remember seeing
any options)

Should I uninstall and reinstall? How? (Don't see uninstall option on start-up
menu dropdown) If I do, will I see
 that option?

If I register, will I be given a choice? (I've been busy setting up pc, so am
just now exploring info and haven't registered yet)

Is there something else I can do to
 be able to have access to my documents?

As a suggestion, it might make it easier for new members to switch over if
there was easily accessible information for MS users. I've chosen to use
Firefox instead of IE, and Firefox made the transition easy by providing an
overview and clear information about importing info from IE.

Thanks for your assistance.
Diane