My Openoffice refuses to open.
It started with Calc. It needed to recover the document
Whenever I open a calc programme, the Document Recovery Window comes up.
I press Start Recovery, it gets to work and "Successfully Recovered" appears. The trouble begins when I press Next >.
Then a window - Runtime Error1 - appears - abnormal program termination.
I have now got 5 programs waiting recovery. They all recover only to be terminated again.

I can't run any calc programmes on Windows, and I have a similar problem when I switch over to Ubuntu. And now none of my Openoffice programmes will run, including writer. As I attempt to open them an increasing number of* .-lock.* icons appear.

Would un-installing and re-installing, or downloading Openoffice again help?

David Corballis