On 2010/05/10 10:54 AM  James Wilde wrote:
Hi:

I'm running 3.2.0 on a Mac running OSX 10.6.3.

Every time I start OOo I get a notification that there is an extension update waiting to
be installed.  It is French "Classic and Reform 1990" spelling, hyphenation and
thesaurus version 3.6.  Now without wishing to offend our French users, I haven't to the
best of my knowledge ever installed any French language files so don't understand why I
am expected to update this one.  Furthermore, there seems little I can do - short of
installing it - to stop it reminding me.  I have tried unchecking the extension, but it
comes back next time I start.

What am I missing?

TIA

//James

The US English version of OOo comes with English, French, and Spanish dictionaries. Go to the Tools/Extension Manager to disable or remove the ones you don't want.

Note: The French and Spanish dictionaries will be back next time you update OOo since they are part of the program package. (OOo 3.2.1 RC1 is out now, final release probably before end of month)

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada