On 12 May 2010 21:25, B Buchanan <bbucha...@copper.net> wrote:

> Is there some way to link Outlook Express 6 to open office in order to use
> spell check?  I am informed that OE6 gets its' spellcheck capability through
> Microsoft Word.  I am hoping you have a fix for that.  I have seen some
> folks recommending a free download from "Majorgeeks.com" but I am fearful of
> that.
>
> Your open office suite is terrific and much appreciated.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Bernie Buchanan
> bbucha...@copper.net

As far as I know OOo and OE cannot share any spellchecking facilities. I
removed MS Office from my computer many years ago and now only use
OpenOffice. But I still use OE which lost its spell checking capability when
I removed MS Office. To overcome this I bought ABCSpell from www.isota.com
It's much cheaper than MS Office and does the two languages (British English
and Danish) that I need. No, I have no connection to Isota!

If you still have MS Office and intend to keep it, see the article at
http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_010.html for details of how to enable OE's
spellchecker for free.

--
Harold Fuchs