Dotan Cohen wrote:
I cannot figure out how to set Styles for text in Impress. There is no
Styles dropdown box on the toolbar, nor does changing any of the
Styles listed in "Format ->  Styles and Formatting" do anything. I have
read the "Working with styles" [1] page from the OpenOffice Impress
User Guide but it does not address the issue of figuring out what
Style a particular part of a Layout is assigned to.

Thanks.

[1]
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/office_guides/openoffice_impress_guide/openoffice_impress_Working_with_styles.html

What is it that you want to do with Styles? Please be specific. What text in a slide do you want to format? Do you know what the Presentation Styles control? (Specifically, Background, Background objects, Outline 1 etc., Title, Subtitle?) What about the Graphics Styles? Do you want to modify the styles used within a particular Outline level Style? With some answers to these questions, perhaps I or someone else can help you.

Dan