On Monday 24 May 2010 02:51:43 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In an Impress presentation I am making, the title of the slides
> (the uppermost text box) is appearing smudged or unreadable. The
> file looks fine in Normal View and exports to PDF fine.
>
> Here is a test file:
> http://dotancohen.com/images/examples/bad-title.odp
>
> Note that file is 1.1 MB in size! I suppose that is due to the
> embedded font, for that matter I'd like to know if you see the
> title in this font:
> http://www.dafont.com/final-frontier.font
>
> Thanks!

Dotan,

I downloaded the file, and opened it.  Results:
a.  The title shows "un-smudged" and quite readable.
b.  The font looks more like Arial than like the
    "final-frontier" font.  I suspect that OOo has
    substituted an appropriate font in lieu of the
    embedded (and, on my system, non-existing) font.
c.  I export to PDF, and viewed - the title is clear,
    but it is not the "final-frontier" font.

Methinks the font is causing the issue (although I have zero knowledge
of fonts and types, and beg to be excused for incorrect conclusions).

Hope that this is of some use to you (and please take it with a
generous helping [not just a pinch] of salt).

--
Pradeep Srinivas
on 25 May 2010, Tuesday, IST (which is GMT +05:30)