"Barbara Duprey" <b...@onr.com> wrote in message news:4bfc9424.4090...@onr.com...
The reason for the change is that internally, OOo is working in the ODF world. So for a text document, whatever format comes in is translated to the appropriate ODF type for editing (even if none actually occurs), and then whatever format is required for the output is generated from the ODF type. The input and output filters are not aware of each other at all. In this case, it seems that some of the incoming RTF information is lost (apparently on output to RTF, since you report that it is captured into the .doc file OK).

I had assumed that. It was my conclusion as well. I would appear that the information is lost/scrambled on saving what is now internal ODF back to RTF. If I save to DOC format the information is preserved. The developers may want to look at their RTF mapping process and the handling of HYPERLINKs in particular.

Jerry