Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 3 June 2010 16:05, John Kaufmann<kaufm...@nb.net>  wrote:
In a message dated 2010.06.02 03:24 -0500, Dotan Cohen wrote:

Some Impress templates have outlines, for instance in OOo 3.2 the
third default layout.

In these outlines, how does one configure some bullet points as
second- or third-level outlines? The style "Outline 2" exists in
Impress, so how does one use it?
For Impress, "Outline 2" is Level 2 of "Outline 1", and vice-versa. So
demote/promote to move between them.

John

Yes, that is the question: how to promote / demote in Impress? It does
not work as in Writer.
     There are three ways to do this.
1) Double click the outline level style you want to use.
2) Place the cursor at the beginning of the line you want to promote/demote. Use the Tab key each time you want to demote the outline level. Or, use Shift+Tab key combination each time you want to promote the outline level. 3) The "Text Formatting" toolbar has a Promote and a Demote arrow. Use one of them.

     Observations of Impress vs Writer:
1) This is not used in Writer that I know of.
2) I have used "Tab" and "Shift+Tab" in both Impress and Writer to promote/demote. 3) Impress uses the "Text Formatting" toolbar while Writer uses "Bullets and Numbering" toolbar to "house" the promote/demote icons.

Dan