Hi,

I'm still stuck.Gelonida wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'd like to extract all tables of an odt files and extract each table's
> the contents cell by cell. (in order to transfer it to a spread sheet)
>

> I look for an automated way to perform this task.
>
> What I am stuck with are the apropriate objects and the apropriate
> methods to use.
>

> My tasks are therefore
> 1.) locate tables in a document with uno
> 2.) get each tables dimensions
> 3.) extract each tables cell and process it with my script.
>

> Thanks a lot for any hints

This is what I wrote so far:
def mymacro_text_tables():
    info = []
    doc = XSCRIPTCONTEXT.getDocument()
    text = doc.Text
    fh = open("result.txt","a")
    #### well here I'm lost.
    #### how to get all tables in a document
    tables = ?????? ####
    table_enum = tables.createEnumeration() # this line is guessed
    cnt = 0
    while table_enum.hasMoreElements():  # this line is guessed
        cnt += 1
        table = table_enum.nextElement() # this line is guessed
        for cell_name in ["A1","B1","A2"]:
            cell = table.getCellByName(cell_name)
            do_something_with_cell(cell)

    fh.write( "found %d tables\n" % cnt )