On 06/08/2010 03:53 PM, James wrote:
>   On 06/08/10 18:40, NoOp wrote:
>> On 06/08/2010 03:28 PM, James wrote:
>>>    My home version can SaveAs .docx but I installed the latest version at
>>> work and it can't.
>>> What happened to this functionality?
>>>
>>> Doesn't save .docx:
>>> http://lockie.ca/test/workOOo.png
>>>
>>> Saves .docx:
>>> http://lockie.ca/test/homeOOo.png
>> Simple; your home version is from your Gentoo distro&  therefore is
>> based on http://go-oo.org/
>>
>> Your work version is based on standard OOo.
> Thanks, go-oo looks better. :-)

You can install on the work machine:
http://go-oo.org/download/
Keep in mind however, if you run into issues, you'll need to report the
problem through your distro channels, or if you use issuezilla, then be
sure to include the versionrc info so that devs will know which version
you are using. Example:

$ cat /opt/openoffice.org3/program/versionrc
[Version]
AllLanguages=en-US
buildid=320m18(Build:9502)
ExtensionUpdateURL=http://updateext.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
OOOBaseVersion=3.2
ProductBuildid=9502
ProductMajor=320
ProductMinor=18
ProductSource=OOO320
UpdateID=OpenOffice.org_3_en-US
UpdateURL=http://update35.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=deb
UpdateUserAgent=<PRODUCT> (${buildid}; ${_OS}; ${_ARCH};
BundledLanguages=${AllLanguages})

You can see this standard OOo. Now:

$ cat /usr/lib/openoffice/program/versionrc
[Version]
AllLanguages=en-US
BuildVersion=ooo-build 3.2.0.10, Debian 1:3.2.0-7ubuntu4.1, Thu Jun  3
02:15:29 UTC 2010
buildid=320m12(Build:9483)
ExtensionUpdateURL=http://updateext.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
OOOBaseVersion=3.2
ProductBuildid=9483
ProductMajor=320
ProductMinor=12
ProductSource=OOO320
UpdateID=OpenOffice.org_3_en-US
UpdateURL=
UpdateUserAgent=<PRODUCT> (${buildid}; ${_OS}; ${_ARCH};
BundledLanguages=${AllLanguages})
Vendor=Debian and Ubuntu

and you can see that this is the Debian & Ubuntu version.