Am 09.06.2010 02:16, schrieb webmas...@krackedpress.com:
On 06/08/2010 06:57 PM, Spiderman wrote:
Am 09.06.2010 00:42, schrieb Larry Gusaas:
On 2010/06/08 4:31 PM Spiderman wrote:
So I will try to install the new version over the old on to not get
rid of my settings.

Personal settings are in your user profile and are separate from the
program.

Complaints snipped.

It is the best idea to not create such an update, than they save
bandwidth for sure. May be the settings are (now) seperate but it have
not worked for sure every time or the settings were save somwhere else
because my settings were gone a couple of times after deinstalling the
old and installing the new version. This is the clean way. Since this
problem I am overriding the old installed version instead. The
installation took quite long but now I have the newest version. Thanks
for the help. Bye.

I never tried any auto-update for versions with the Windows versions of
OOo.
I always either find out there is an update when I look at the site, or
get a notice
here or through the "newsletter" that comes out.

Once I find out there is a newer version like 3.2.0 --> 3.2.1, then I
download it when "I"
have the time and then install it, again, when "I" have the time. That
works better for me
than setting auto-update. Auto-Notify of an update available - YES.
Auto-Update - NO.

I just wish updating Linux [Applications/Office/ "menus" troubles
mostly] was a easy as
Windows, but there is always a downside to having a more stable OS that
is not used/supported
as much as Windows "claim" to be, or seems to be. But a little trouble
now and then is OK
for a system or software that is free.

Never had even half the troubles with OOo than I had with MS Office 95
--> 2003+

I got another MS Office user to switch this week. Too much hassle to
change it over from
old desktop to new laptop. Does not want to install over the trial
software [even after trial
removed completely in control panel]. Wants you to pay for new copy of
the same as the trial
version, instead of the already-paid-version being moved from old-bad
computer to good-new
one. She now uses OOo 3.2.1 as her first exposer to OOo. Loves it.
The auto-update should be renamed to auto-notification if it doesn't have a incremmental update. It is such an ...