Hello,

I just upgraded from versioin 2.0 to the newest release (version 3.2.1 build
9502), and I really got hit by a performance problem in oo-impress. Here is
some usability feedback:

1. Installation:
   - when started as root there was no way of changing the target path
   - existing openoffice 2.0 was ignored

2. Info / about openoffice box:
   - no chance to copy-and-paste the version information:

3. OO Impress:
   I was in the middle of editing a presentation, when I decided to upgrade.
   I found it really annoying, how slow the new program version is. Also I saw
   really high CPU load, although my computer is not old (3 years Intel Core
Duo
   with Suse Linux 10.2 installed).
   On older computers it will be unusable.
   If e.g. I click into a text of a page, then a box will appear around the text
   (in my case this is about as large as the page itself).
   If I e.g. try to move the text window on the page, it is extremely slow.

   My suspicion: I use a second monitor, and so there is no GLX direct
rendering
   available. the new OO might rely on fast graphics.

Regards, Karsten

Dr. Karsten Burger - Software & Training
Lindenstraße 23
72074 Tübingen
i...@dr-burger.com
Telefon 0171 124 134 8