-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:17:18 -0400
Von: Daniel Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
An: users@openoffice.org
CC: Karsten Burger <karsten_bur...@gmx.de>
Betreff: Re: [users] bug in OO-impress, OO versio 3.2.1

Karsten Burger wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> if I add a rectangle filled with color, then select "area" from context menu
> and switch to slider "hatching" (in German "Schraffuren"), and then select
> button "OK", then the hatching is applied although I have done nothing to
> activate this feature.
>
>   See attached example.
>
> Regards, Karsten

      When you selected "Area" from the context menu and switch to
slider "hatching" (in English the slider is called a Tab), the  default
hatching pattern was automatically activated. When you clicked OK, the
default hatching pattern was applied to the rectangle. If you were to
select one of the other sliders (Tabs) such as Gradient and click OK,
does it also change the rectangle?

Dan

Please reply only to users@openoffice.org: do not reply to my personal
email address.

Hello Dan,

thank you for your message. I tried it with "gradient", and "bitmap" also, and
it is the same there.
Additionally: my original rectangle is filled by a e.g. light green color, but
sometimes the area property dialog opens with "black", see attached area.png.
If I change to tab "transparency" to avoid clicking OK in this tab, the color
changes nevertheless to black. If I "undo" it, and (right mouse) open again the
area dialog, it is correct, see attached area-ok.png

Aaah: I found the reason: if I switch to tab "bitmap" then back to the first
tab, then the color (German "Farbe")has changed. In my german version, the
first tab is called "Flaeche"=area, the text box says "Fuellung"=filling, and
the combo box says "Farbe"=color.

Hope this helps,

Karsten

Dr. Karsten Burger - Software & Training
Lindenstraße 23
72074 Tübingen
i...@dr-burger.com
Telefon 0171 124 134 8